Source: Yougle Bhaskar (Dainik Bhaskar-08-June-2018)
The Naropa Fellowship is a one-year, fully-residential, post-graduate, academic programme focused on creating and nurturing agents of change who will work towards fostering an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and growth while preserving the cultural heritage of the Himalayas.
The Naropa Fellowship curriculum will consist of 8 terms of 6 weeks each spanning across 12 months. Every term will be structured to accommodate 3 to 4 courses that will run simultaneously, with a hands-on live-action project for the duration of one year, where the Fellows design and engage with sustainable solutions that are relevant to the local environment of the Himalayas.
The Naropa Fellowship has four multi-track curriculum which will focus on; Entrepreneurship, Society and Culture, Communication Skills and Personal Growth.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset and skills.
- Leverage technology to foster entrepreneurship and address unique challenges.
- Foster eco-tourism and hospitality.
- Develop sustainable infrastructure and environment solutions for Ladakh.
- Incubate selected local projects.
SOCIETY AND CULTURE
- Understand Sociology & Anthropology.
- Understand Indian Economics.
- Study Ladakhi Art, Culture &Heritage.
- Analyze Indian politics and global current affairs.
- Practice written and oral communication.
- Learn non-verbal communication.
- Master the art of negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Explore self-development.
- Learn group dynamics and team building.
- Engage with community.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Build a network of international experts.
Live Action Project
The academic curriculum will be tied together with a year-long, hands-on, live project which will engage the Fellows to take up assignments to design and engage with sustainable solutions for the local community in Ladakh and the Himalayan region.
Click here for more details