- Admission Criteria for Navodaya Vidyalaya
- admission procedure for class 11 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya?
- Eligibility forNavodaya Vidyalaya
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Navodaya Entrance Exam2018
- Navodaya Vidyalaya admission 2018
- Selection process for Class 11 in navodaya
- Streams Available for Navodaya
Source: Me Next Magazine-Rajasthan Patrika (24-June-2018)
Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme
The National Policy on Education-1986 envisaged setting up of residential schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas that would bring out the best of rural talent.
It was felt that children with special talent or aptitude should be provided opportunities to progress at a faster pace by making good quality education available to them irrespective of their capacity to pay for it. Such education would enable students from rural areas to compete with their urban counterparts on an equal footing.
The Navodaya Vidyalaya System which began as a unique experiment is today unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and elsewhere. Its significance lies in the selection of talented rural children as the target group and the attempt to provide them quality education comparable to the best in a residential school system.
Admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is made on the basis of a Selection Test, designed and conducted by the CBSE. The test is called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). It is of non-verbal nature, class-neutral and designed so as to ensure that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without facing any disadvantage. Special care is taken to ensure that children from far flung areas get admission forms free of cost, without any difficulty. Sufficient publicity is done through Doordarshan, All India Radio, local newspapers, pamphlets, Vidyalaya websites and through visits of Principals and teachers of Navodaya Vidyalayas to the local schools of the district.
Eligibility Conditions and Composition of the Test
Issue of Notification for Admission in Class-XI
The vacant seats available in each JNV is notified every year in the local newspapers by the JNV concerned of that district. The admission in Class–XI is completed by 15th July every year.
Eligibility for Admission in Class-XI
- Students seeking admission in Class–XI should be within the age limit of 14-18 years as on 1st July, of the year of admission.
- The candidate must have passed Class–X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education Board) of the district where the JNV is located during the academic session of the year of admission.
- The merit list will be prepared as per marks obtained by the applicant in the Class–X Board Exam and the admission will be given as per eligibility of the candidate and the seats available in the JNV concerned.
- The candidates must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
Click here to know more