The Alchemist –by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho happens to be one of the best-selling books. The book has a record of selling over 65 million copies in nearly 80 different languages. The Alchemist talks about pursuing the personal dreams, ‘Personal Legend’ as referred to in the book. This journey of self-realization and pursuing dreams is beautifully narrated through the life of a shepherd boy named Santiago.
Through Santiago’s journey, author Paulo makes us learn various life lessons that when made a part of our life, can bring out significant changes.
And while the book leaves you with many experiences and learning, we have listed a few lessons that are vital and must be a part of all success journeys. Let’s have a look:
- Never Stop Pursuing Your Dreams: We all have dreams; a dream is what keeps us going and inspires us every day. But not all of us get to achieve that dream. And this is because we give it up when stuck with an obstacle. To achieve a dream, the most important thing is to pursue it with all heart and continue working towards it. And in this journey of achieving dreams, you must listen to what your heart and soul have to say.
- Don’t Be Overruled by Fear: The fear of failure is more dangerous than failure itself. It’s the fear that keeps you away from pursuing your desires and goals. And while fear itself is not bad, letting it overrule your ambitions is certainly not healthy. Learn to live your fears and overcome them with your hard work, determination, strong will, and perseverance.
- Break the Monotony: It’s not unusual to find every day to be the same as the day before. This is because you fail to take note of the good things happening around you. Living the routine life, you seldom stay aware of living each moment with gratitude. This makes life becomes monotonous and tedious. To overcome this dullness, you need to practice gratitude every day and look for the silver lining.
- Learn to Live in the Present: Crying over the past is of no use as time has passed; the future holds uncertainty so there is no point mulling over it, in the end, it’s the present that you have which you should be more concerned about. Learn to live in the present and you will find that most of your worries and fears disappear. Your present moment is what brings up the possibilities that can help you shape your future. So, live in the present and make the most of every moment you have in hand.
- Everyday Be Better: Your success must have a ripple effect. This means, when you succeed and grow, the effects of it should bring positive changes in everything around you. And to ensure that this happens, you have to strive to become a better version of yourself every day. Each day should be treated as a new beginning and you should consciously make efforts to be better than yesterday.
- Take Actions for Your Dream: Just having dreams don’t serve the purpose of your life; it ends with fulfilling those dreams or making efforts in the direction that makes you get on an incredible journey. To make your dreams a reality, you have to take the right actions as then only you will be able to head on the right path.
- Don’t Worry About What Others Think: Never be concerned about what others think about you or long for their acceptance. You must take charge of your life and do things that are righteous. Don’t worry about others’ opinions or thoughts. Own your mistakes and learn from them. Don’t let criticism derail your goal.
- Always be Open to Learning: There is no limit to what you can learn in your life span. The more you learn, the better you become. Learn from the experiences of others, explore the world, meet new people, and make every journey a way of learning something new.
- Never Give Up: Success and failure are the two sides of the same coin and in your journey to success, you are bound to meet failure. But this shouldn’t stop you from giving your hundred per cent. Don’t let any hurdle or obstacle make you give up your dreams. Try to focus more on the solution than the problem and you will find it easier to tackle all adverse situations.
- Experience the Positivity Around: Universe has its own way of guiding you and it’s upon you to decode the signs and use them to your benefit. Be more positive and seek positivity around. Don’t let negative thoughts rule you. Mirroring positivity exudes positive vibes and helps you experience the calmness within.
The book of Alchemist has many hidden lessons, each can be deciphered as per individual perspective. If you are yet to read this miracle, we are sure these lessons will definitely do the trick.
Tags: Alchemist | Life Lessons from Alchemist | Paulo Coelho | Santiago | Shepherd Boy | Personal Legend | Journey of Life | Dreams | Pursuing Personal Dreams