Gagan Narang (born 6 May 1983) is an Indian shooter, supported by the Olympic Gold Quest. He was the first Indian to qualify for the London Olympics. He won the Bronze Medal in the Men’s 10 m Air Rifle Event at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London with a final score of 701.1 on 30 July 2012.
Awards & Recognitions
In recognition with his achievements, Narang was conferred with the Padma Shree Award in 2011. Gagan Narang was selected for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award for 2010. This is the highest sports award in the country. He was conferred the award by then president Pratibha Patil on 29 August 2011. Also Gagan Narang was invited by the organisers of the Indian Grand Prix to wave the chequered flag in the 2012 Indian Grand Prix.
Awards for 2012 Olympics Bronze medal
- ₹10 million (US$140,000) cash prize by State Government of Haryana.
- ₹5 million (US$70,000) cash prize by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- ₹5 million (US$70,000) cash prize by the State Government of Rajasthan.
- ₹2 million (US$28,000) cash prize by Steel Ministry of India.
- 2 kg of gold by Sahara India Pariwar.
For further details click here