Course : Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
Institute/ University : International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur
Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur(IIIT-NR), established by the International Institute of Information Technology University Act, 2013 of the Government of Chhattisgarh, is a joint venture by Chhattisgarh State Government and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC). The institute is committed to pursue excellence in higher education, research and development in Information Technology (IT) and associated disciplines. It firmly believes in bestowing knowledge dissemination and imparting entrepreneurial skills to the students to enable them to address real world problems. To empower this vision, IIIT-NR fosters state-of-the-art research and product development laboratories to carry out inter-disciplinary research and product development endeavors.
IIIT- Naya Raipur is all set to welcome its fourth batch of B.Tech students. None other than the students of its first three batches will vouch for the excellent academic culture and highly invigorating campus life that IIIT-NR has created in a very short span of time.
IIIT-NR’s journey towards academic excellence is nurtured and mentored by a highly eminent Board comprising Mr. Ajai Chowdhry (Founder-HCL), Prof. Arogyaswami Paulraj (Marconi Award winner & Professor Emeritus, Stanford University) and other visionaries from academia and industry. IIIT-NR has strengthened its academic forte by mustering highly competent and qualified team of faculty members from diverse disciplines. With this motivated team, IIIT-NR provides the impetus to strive for excellence in IT education and research.
DSPM-IIITNR currently runs two undergraduate programs: B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE). These credit-based programs are designed to foster core skills with innovation and entrepreneurship skills among students. The dynamic structure of the curriculum orchestrates with the changing needs of industry and academia. IIIT Naya Raipur follows the Fractal Curriculum.
IIIT-NR invites applications for admission to its following undergraduate programs:
B. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
B. Tech. (Electronics &Communication Engineering)
Admission Categories and Eligibility :
- All India Quota (35% seats amounting to 42 seats: 21 in CSE and 21 in ECE): Candidates who completed their school education from any part of India belong to this category. Their eligibility will be as per the rules of JoSAA 2018. Admissions will be based on JEE (Main) 2018 rank.
- Chhattisgarh State Quota (50% Seats amounting to 60 seats: 30 in CSE and 30 in ECE): Candidates who passed both 10thand 12th standard examinations from schools situated in the State of Chhattisgarh belong to this category. The candidates must
have scored 50% aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics (45% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in their 12th standard examination. Admissions will be based on JEE (Main) 2018 rank.
- NTPC Quota (15% Seats amounting to 18 seats: 9 in CSE and 9 in ECE): Candidates employed with NTPC or their wards who completed their school education from any part of India belong to this category. Their eligibility will be as per the business rules of JoSAA 2018. Admissions will be based on JEE (Main) 2018 rank. All reservations will be as per Government of India norms.
- Additionally, 1 (one) supernumerary seat each is available for Kashmiri Migrants in both CSE and ECE programs
Age and Other Criteria for Admission to B. Tech. Programs under Chhattisgarh
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1992 are eligible. For candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, and PWD, the upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years, i.e. SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1989 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board will only be considered.
The following criteria, the same as stipulated eligibility for appearing in JEE (Main) 2018, will also apply:
- Only those candidates who have passed their 12th standard examination or any other qualifying examination in 2016, 2017 or 2018 shall be eligible.
- The candidates who appeared in 12th standard examination or equivalent qualifying examinations in 2015, did not pass in 2015, but passed in 2016, are not eligible.
For more details visit here.