On the occasion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, National Film Development Corporation, a unit of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has initiated to organise a Short Film Competition through www.MyGov.in. A Short Film competition invites young amateur filmmakers (School/College Students) to make Short Films (maximum 3 minute) based on “Be the change which you want to see in the world” to showcase the relevance of the messages even today in the 21st century.
The objective of the competition is to make the youth aware of the simplicity and high ideals of Mahatma Gandhi’s life which eventually became his message to the world.
About the Competition:
1. The Short Film is open only for Indian Citizens who are amateur film-makers/ students from High
schools/Colleges /University (both Public & Private)
2. Submission of the Short Film will start from 2nd October 2018.
3. The duration of the Short Film should be maximum 3 minutes.
4. The Short Film can be made in any of the 22 Official Indian Languages with transcript (in verbatim)
in Hindi /English.
5. The winning entries will be announced on a later date on www.MyGov.in.
6. The Experts on Gandhian Philosophy and Film Making would form the Panel of Jury and evaluate the
7. The last date of Submission will be 31st December 2018.
“Be the change which you want to see in the World”
1. The Top 10 successful entries will be awarded by/with Cash Prizes.
2. Certificate and Internship with any regional office of NFDC for 2 weeks with consultation and consent
of the winners.
- First Prize – Rs. 50,000/-
- Second Prize – Rs. 35,000/-
- Third Prize – Rs. 25,000/-
- All other 7 consolation prizes- 10,000/- each
3. If the winners are willing, they will be given preference to get empanelled with NFDC provided they
fulfill the basic requirements of Empanelment Criteria.
Click here to read Terms and Condition
Click here for the Undertaking by Participant
NOTE:- The participant has to upload their video on YouTube and submit the link on My Comments / Submit your task.
For any contest-related query, write to :
National Film Development Corporation
4th Floor, Soochna Bhawan,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Email: 150mg-sfc@nfdcindia(link sends e-mail).