Urban planning, also known as regional planning, town planning, city planning, or rural planning, is a technical and political process that is focused on the development and design of land use and the built environment, including air, water, and the infrastructure passing into and out of urban areas, such as transportation, communications, and distribution networks and their accessibility.
Eligibility to become Urban Planner
To pursue a career as an Urban Planner, the candidates will have to fulfill the given below eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have pursued a Master’s degree in Urban or Regional Planning accredited by Regional Planning Board.
- The candidates with a Master’s degree in urban design or geography can also apply for the job as an Urban Planner.
- Candidates who have passed Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering are also eligible for various jobs in the field of Urban Planning.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur / Roorkee
School of Planning and Architecture New Delhi / Bhopal / Vijayawada
School of Architecture And Planning, Anna University, Chennai
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Center for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad
Tags: Urban Planner | Career as Urban Planner | Urban Planning | Eligibility | Urban Planning Courses