Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) 2018
The Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) is doctoral programme of IIM Ranchi for the individuals with work experience and it is designed to meet the requirements of the employer organization, and at the same time engaging in learning and research at IIM Ranchi. This programme has the objective of developing outstanding scholars for teaching or research careers at business schools/universities or management research institutions or careers in Government, industry, NGOs or for that matter any organization that requires advanced analytical and research capabilities. The core objective of the program is to develop an autonomous scholar by cultivating expert-level knowledge in the substantive area with area-relevant research and publication skills. To accomplish this, the EFPM will seek to admit students who have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the intellectual curiosity to undertake original research and provide them with knowledge and research skills that can make them specialized researchers with sufficient depth of knowledge in the various existing and emerging management knowledge domains.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
Coursework in EFPM
The coursework in EFPM will have 6 terms of 9 days duration (generally, SATURDAY to next SUNDAY) each.
- 5 terms will be compulsory research focused term, whereas the 6th term may be an optional teaching-focused term.
- Term 1-4 will have 2 full-credit doctoral courses each. Term 1 will have two courses viz. “Philosophy of Social Science Research” and “Research Design”. Term 2 will have two courses viz. “Quantitative Research Methods” and “Qualitative Research Methods”. Term 3 will have two area depth courses while term 4 will have one area depth course and one breadth course (a full-credit doctoral course from a relevant other area).
- Term 5 is proposed will have two three-day advanced methods workshops for giving hands-on-training to students, as per the requirements. The third three-day workshop during this term would be on academic writing.
- Term 6 will have four teaching workshops: i) 1-day Course Design workshop, ii) 5-day Case Writing and Teaching workshop, iii) 2-day Experiential Learning workshop, and iv) 1-day Assessment workshop.
Programme fee is to be paid in three instalments.
- To confirm admission after selection, the first instalment is of Rs. 3.5 lakhs that includes Rs. 50,000/- as the refundable caution deposit.
- The second and the third instalments are of Rs. 2 lakhs (in the beginning of the second year) and Rs. 1 lakh (in the beginning of third year), respectively.
Lodging and boarding charges, if needed, will be applicable as per the Institute norms.
Eligibility for admission
- Candidate for the EFPM of the Institute should have minimum 5 years of work experience by 31st March of the target year of education.
- Candidate for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE, or any equivalent qualification from recognized foreign universities or institutions.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average,
- minimum 16 years of education (10+2+4/ 10+2+3+1/10+2+3+2/ 10+2+5) with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average,
- any professional qualification such as CA, ICWA, and CS with a minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of scores of standard tests, like, i) CAT OR ii) GATE OR iii) NET-JRF OR iv) GMAT OR v) GRE. Validity of the test scores for CAT, GATE, and NET-JRF will be 2 years, whereas that for GMAT and GRE will be 5 years.
The following categories of candidates are to be exempted from standard tests:
- alumni of PGP programs of IIMs or accredited institutions (AACSB/AMBA/EQUIS) with CGPA 6 out of 10 or equivalent
- Government employees with at least 10 years of administrative experience (central/state civil services/public sector banks/PSUs etc.)
- corporate executives/consultants/NGO professionals with at least 10 years of managerial experience
- management teachers with last qualification from a reputed institution and minimum 3 years of post-graduate level teaching experience
Based on the appropriate criteria, the list of candidates will be shortlisted for further processing and the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview for final selection in March/April 2018.
Shortlisted candidates would be required to submit reference letters from two referees assessing the suitability of the candidate for the program. Referees may be superiors/clients/academicians having a chance to observe the candidate’s intellectual abilities, interest, and motivation.
Only Online applications will be accepted. Those who have already applied in offline mode after downloading the application form, they don’t need to apply again in the online mode.
The last date for receiving the Online application form is April 23, 2018.