Course: Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
Institute: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a leading graduate school of management in Asia. Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance.
IIMB has around 110 full time faculty members, more than 1200 students across various degree/diploma granting programmes and nearly 5000 annual Executive Education participants.
Our logo carries a proclamation in Sanskrit, तेजस्वि नावधीतमस्तु (tejasvi navadhitamastu), which translates as ‘let our study be enlightening’. Our vision is to be a global, renowned academic institution fostering excellence in management, innovation and entrepreneurship for business, government and society.
Located in India’s high technology capital, we are in close proximity to some of the leading corporate houses in the country, ranging from information technology to consumer product companies, giving us the added advantage of integrating classroom knowledge with practical experience.
Our degree/diploma granting programmes comprise the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), the Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM), the one year full-time Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP), the Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM), and the Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP). IIMB offers the NS Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral (NSR Pre-doc) Fellowship programme with the aim to increase social diversity of management academia in India. All these programmes are very highly rated and IIMB alumni occupy senior managerial and academic positions around the world.
Along with ten disciplinary areas and five centres of excellence that offer courses and conduct research on interesting questions facing various sectors of industry, we have three faculty recruiting centres – the Centre for Management Communication, the Centre for Public Policy, and the N S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning.
We have just launched a Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) to engage in research and practice that would improve the teaching effectiveness of faculty members, leading to the development of better learning abilities of students and through its outreach programmes, to act as a national resource for improving the standards of teaching in institutes of higher education.
An India-Japan Study Centre at IIMB has been set up to promote understanding of Japan in India and India in Japan through research, teaching and policy outreach efforts.
An Israel Centre at IIM Bangalore has been set up to act as a hub for research on Indo-Israeli interactions in the fields of technology innovation, business strategy and history, government policies and culture, by uniting scholars, business community and students.
We have key partnerships and collaborations with Goldman Sachs for women entrepreneurship, with Michael and Susan Dell Foundation for incubation of non-profits, and with NITI Aayog for scaling up.
We are committed to make deep social impact using technology-enabled education. Towards this end, we offer Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) through edX, a not-for-profit online initiative of Harvard and MIT that offers online courses from the world’s best universities. We are the first management school in India to offer MOOCs on the edX platform. We are also the coordinating institute for management education for SWAYAM, GoI’s online education platform.
We have taken several steps, over the years, to meet the vision set for IIMB. These include hiring high quality faculty, enhancing the quality of research, emphasizing internationalization, expanding our activities in the field of entrepreneurship, in both research and mentoring, scaling up in terms of student intake in all the programmes, deepening our engagement with the alumni, improving infrastructure, and improving administration and governance.
We have been accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) for period of five years in 2016. EQUIS is a global school accreditation system run by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) that specializes in higher education institutions of management and business administration. The fundamental objective of EQUIS, linked to the mission of EFMD, is to raise the standard of management education worldwide. The five-year accreditation, highest that EQUIS confers, is a testimony to the fact that the evaluating team was confident about our ability to sustain efforts undertaken to achieve excellent standards in education, internationalization and research.
For the ninth year in a row, in 2017, Eduniversal, Paris has ranked IIMB the top business school in Central Asia. This ranking covers the 1000 best business schools in 154 countries in nine geographical zones: Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Eurasia & the Middle East, Far East Asia, Latin America, North America, Oceania, and Western Europe.
IIMB’s EPGP ranked among the top 35 in FT Global MBA Ranking 2018. The one-year full-time Executive Post Graduate Programme of IIM Bangalore shoots up 14 spots to be placed at No. 35.
The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) of IIM Bangalore has been listed among the top 25 in the QS Masters in Management Ranking 2018. This ranking assesses institutes based on five different metrics, which are: alumni outcomes, class and faculty diversity, employability, thought leadership, and value for money.
We have a vibrant Student Exchange Programme with several partner universities across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America.
We have deep engagements with international networks, such as the Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM), which includes 31 eminent business schools around the world and Partnership in International Management (PIM), a consortium of more than 60 leading international business schools around the world. The GNAM is convened by Yale University and includes INSEAD, London School of Economics and Fudan University among others.
Being an active participant in the GNAM network, we host Global Network Weeks (GNWs) in the months of March and October every year when international students from partner schools visit IIMB. The GNWs feature sessions by eminent faculty, guest speakers from the industry coupled with company visits. Likewise, several of our students enrol for the Global Network Weeks conducted around the world. Our faculty have also offered Small Network Open Courses (SNOC) to the GNAM partner schools.
On the anvil are plans to develop our second campus and have larger batch sizes of existing programmes. We are on an exciting trajectory of expansion and growth and we welcome you to join us on this journey.
- The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is the doctoral programme of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- The FPM at IIMB is globally recognized
- It is a premier source of rigorous and inter-disciplinary research in all areas of business management and public policy, including Decision Sciences, Economics & Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Information Systems, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management, Production & Operations Management, Public Policy ,Strategy
- It is committed to training individuals who will excel in their area of research by publishing quality work of international standard
- FPM at IIMB offers specialization in ten areas
- FPM students in good standing will get financial support for up to five years. More information can be found at Financial Aid
The Mission of the FPM at IIMB is to:
- Provide rigorous, world-class, inter-disciplinary training in all areas of business management and public policy that will equip students with the ability to conduct cutting-edge, publication-quality research of international standard
- Contribute to the creation and transmission of knowledge in all areas of business management and public policy with emphasis on issues faced by firms and organizations in India
- Contribute to the efforts of IIMB faculty in the creation, transmission, communication, and application of knowledge in all areas of business management and public policy
- Help meet the teaching and research manpower needs of academia and industry by producing highly skilled individuals with exceptional analytical ability and training in conducting specialized research
The FPM at IIMB adheres to the following values:
- Emphasis on creation of theoretical and empirical knowledge in all areas of business management and public policy
- Professional ethics and intellectual honesty
- Rigor in interdisciplinary research and training
- Promotion of professional activity and teamwork by students
- Building linkages and relationships with other leading universities and research organizations worldwide