About KOTA Hanging Bridge
- The project is being sponsored by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- This beautiful bridge is a collective work of Hyundai Engineering Private Limited of South Korea & Gammon India.
- This bridge is cable-stayed with single plain suspension with the main span of 350 metres and lateral spans of 175 metres on either side of the bridge.
- The bridge is around 60-metre-high from the surface of the Chambal River.
- Its construction first started in the year 2007.
- The construction got delayed because of an accident that took place on 24th December, 2009. The front portion of the bridge at one side broke down and around 48 people including workers and engineers lost their lives.
- Kota Hanging Bridge will provide its first ever bypass facility to Kota City.
- This Hanging Bridge is a resemblance of MILLAU VIADUCT BRIDGE in France.
How Kota will be benefited
1. Presently the vehicles going from Jaipur to Baran have to take the route of Badgaon to Chambal Bridge and then passing from Antaghar Choraha. But now, all the vehicles will be passing from Hanging Bridge.2. If you are travelling from Rawatbhata to Jhalawar Road, you will be saved from travelling extra 16kms after the start of Hanging Bridge.3. The traffic of Jaipur-Jabalpur Highway presently passes from inside the city, but now the traffic will pass from Hanging Bridge & no heavy vehicles will be entering the city premises.4. Kota Hanging
2. If you are travelling from Rawatbhata to Jhalawar Road, you will be saved from travelling extra 16kms after the start of Hanging Bridge.
3. The traffic of Jaipur-Jabalpur Highway presently passes from inside the city, but now the traffic will pass from Hanging Bridge & no heavy vehicles will be entering the city premises.4. Kota Hanging
4. Kota Hanging Bridge, will also be a tourist spot. It will be an attraction for many tourists who will come to witness its architecture, greenery of Ghadiyal Sanctuary & enjoy boating in Chambal River.5. For Camera lovers,
5. For Camera lovers, Hanging bridge will prove to be a good subject for polishing their photography skills.6. The bypass facility that this bridge would be
6. The bypass facility that this bridge would be providing will help in making our Kota City road accident free.
Snapshot of Kota HANGING BRIDGE
Top 6 Longest Cable-Stayed Bridges in India
A cable-stayed bridge has one or more towers to support the bridge deck using the cables, Basically Cable-Stayed Bridges are longer than cantilever bridges and shorter than suspension bridges. There are number of Cable-Stayed Bridges in India and 5 Cable-Stayed Bridges Under Construction.
The Second Hooghly Bridge is known as Vidyasagar Setu,A Cable-Stayed toll bridge over the Hooghly River in West Bengal. Vidyasagar Setu is longest cable–stayed bridge in India and one of the longest in Asia.
Bandra–Worli Sea Link
Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link is one of the most stunning bridges in India,connect Bandra with Worli and part of the proposed Western Freeway. The Bandra–Worli Sea Link is a civil engineering marvel with 5.6 kilometer long concrete road,420 ft high towers which crosses the Arabian Sea.
New Yamuna Bridge
The New Yamuna Bridge is one of the longest cable-stayed bridge in India,connecting the city of Allahabad to its neighborhood of Naini in Allahabad. New Yamuna Bridge is constructed across the Yamuna river.
A cable-stayed bridge over Hooghly River next to Vivekananda Setu and marvelous attractions of West Bengal. Nivedita Setu is the first bridge in the country that is a single profile cable-stayed bridge.
Akkar Bridge is Indias first cable stayed bridge located in Jorethang, Sikkim. The Cable-stayed concrete bridge is build over Rangit River on a single tower.
A Cable-Stayed Bridge is located at Haridwar-Rishikesh Road over Ganges river. Haridwar Cable-Stayed Bridge is Asia’s only bridge that suspends on mere Cables.
Raja Bhoj Cable Stay Bridge
Raja Bhoj Cable Stay Bridge was inaugurated on 26 May 2017, Connecting Kamla Park to VIP Road Crossing. The 220 metre long cable stay bridge is Madhya Pradesh’s first cable stay bridge on the Upper Lake of Bhopal.