The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship, a two-year programme, has been launched by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. This is conducted in association with the various Indian Institutes of Management (IIM)s of the country.
Things to know
1. Selected fellows will be given a stipend of Rs 50,000 per month during the first year and Rs 60,000 per month during the second year of the fellowship programme.
2. The government has invited applications from the interested candidates and the registrations will remain open between 15 February and 27 March 2021.
3. The fellowship is being offered under the World Bank loan assisted programme SANKALP.
This programme will be offered at the following management institutes–Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jammu, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Ranchi, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
4. The admission process is being handled by IIM Bangalore.
5. This programme has been rolled out nationally in more than 660 districts across India.
6. This fellowship is a certificate programme in Public Policy and Management and the same will be given to candidates who successfully complete the course.
What does the programme offer?
The fellowship is a unique opportunity to promote skill development in district economies.
The two-year blended programme combines classroom sessions at host IIMs with mentorship of fellows in various district.
It provides an opportunity to engage with schemes and institutions at the district level to strengthen institutions and improve skill development, link markets and create growth.
Candidates must be citizens of India.
Candidates should be in the age group of 21-30 years at the time of applying.
Candidates should be at least a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) From a recognised university or a postgraduate from a recognised university.
Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred.
However, candidates with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
Ability to express proficiency in the official language used in the state is preferred.
Click here for more details
Tags: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021 | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021 Fees | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021 Eligibility | National Fellowship 2021 | Indian Institute of Management Bangalore | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship’ (MGNF) 2021-23 | Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship | State Skill Development Missions | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship IIM Bangalore