Source: Me Next Magazine-Rajasthan Patrika (01-Oct-2017)
PGDM-C 2018-2020 admissions open. Apply Online.
MICAT Application Fee is Rs. 1965.
Selection Process (Batch 2018-20)
The selection process involves three steps. The process is described below:
Step-I: CAT/ XAT/GMAT*.
Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT/ XAT/GMAT*.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT)**.
All candidates are assessed on MICAT, which consists of 6 sections: Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT).
Preparation of Shortlist of the candidates for GE & PI
- Psychometric test is a qualifier.
- Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their CAT/XAT/GMAT* relative performance will be considered. (This is based on their relative performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT*, subject to a minimum cut-off in CAT total percentile/XAT total percentile/GMAT score***)
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT* score shall be assessed for the following MICAT sections: Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT).
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Scores**** for each of these sections (namely: VA, QADI, GA and DCT) and CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT* score shall have their Descriptive Tests evaluated.
- Those who qualify on the basis of a, b,c and d as mentioned above and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score****in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI. Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-I and /or II or better of the two relative performances if a candidate has taken both MICAT-I and MICAT-II. (This will be prepared based on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT* and 50% MICAT).
Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in the two MICATs will be shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT Scaled Score****.
MICAT will be held in Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Nagpur, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Trivandrum, Vadodara and Visakhapatnam
Step-III: GE & PI: All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT* & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
For more details click here
(Visited 1,874 times)