Image Source: Dainik Bhaskar (14-Sept-2022)
ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme: ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 is an initiative offered by the Corporate Sports Division, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. to provide financial assistance to the upcoming young talented sportspersons who have the potential to excel in their respective sports. This will help them pursue their dream, bring acclaim & laurels to the country and inspire the younger generation for engaging in sports activities.
- Sportsperson should be an Indian citizen and should not be availing any scholarship / stipend from any other organization during the scholarship period.
- The scholarship shall be granted to the sportspersons of 14 to 25 years of age. Minimum age of 14 years will be considered as on 1st April 2022. However, minimum age criteria for scholarship in Chess, Gymnastics & Swimming will be 10 years.
- The maximum age for which scholarship can be granted is 25 years. Therefore, applicant’s up to the age of 24 years as on 1st April 2022 can apply for the sports scholarship.
- Scholarships shall be granted for the remaining period of FY 2022-23.
- Being merit based sports scholarship, each sportsperson will have to apply afresh every year.
The amount of Scholarship to be granted to the selected sportspersons will be as under –
Category National Level International Level
Sub Junior Rs.15,000 Rs.20,000
Junior Rs.20,000 Rs.25,000
Senior Rs.25,000 Rs.30,000
Click here for more details
Tags: ONGC | Oil and Natural Gas Corporation | ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme | Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022 | Eligibility criteria | Sports Scholarship Amount