Source: Dainik Bhaskar- Bhaskar Lakshya (31-July-2017)
Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India, has been in the forefront to create mass awareness towards conservation of petroleum products, promoting fuel-efficient equipment and helping the government by proposing policies and strategies for petroleum conservation.
In August 2016, under the able guidance of Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State (I/C), MOP & NG, an all India Essay & Painting competition was conducted by PCRA attracting massive participation. Addressing the objective of inculcating a sense of responsibility in young minds, winners were awarded attractive prizes along with a study tour of Japan, to learn about the advancements and efforts made towards petroleum conservation and energy efficiency in developed countries.
Essay, Quiz and Painting competitions for 2017 have been rolled out. This is a golden opportunity for millions of young, budding students to test their calibre & bag coveted certificates, prizes and an all-expenses paid educational foreign trip to a foreign country. The schools and students may keep themselves updated by visiting www.pcra.org regularly for conservation tips and methods.
PCRA Essay Competition
- Only schools in India recognized by Central & State Boards of India, can participate.
- It is mandatory for the Schools to conduct the competition in school premises in a fair manner. It is requested that all eligible (maximum number of) students take part in this competition, as this is in National interest.
- Schools to conduct Essay competition in one or more of the following languages- Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarat, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Bodo and Santhali.
- Eligibility: Students of classes 7, 8, 9 & 10.
- One student can participate in only one language.
- Essay should not exceed 700 words.
- Student must submit essay in his/her own handwriting.
- Topic :
- Time Limit: 1 Hour
- School is required to evaluate the entries, and upload best two entries in each language, in which the competition has been conducted at the school, on www.pcracompetitions.org . For further details, please refer to this portal.
- Competition Period: 15.07.2017 to 15.09.2017. Last entry on or before 15.09.2017.
- The topics of the essay competition may be displayed prominently, at least a week in advance. Schools can advise students to prepare in advance for the scheduled competition. This shall enable the participants to obtain relevant information from various sources. This exercise is focused on increasing awareness in young minds for the National cause of Conservation of Fuel and Environment protection.Please check official portal www.pcracompetitions.org or website www.pcra.org/competitions.html for more details or contact PCRA on: 011-26715360 or email : email@example.com