Course: Post Graduate Diploma In Forestry Management (PGDFM)
Institute / University: Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM)
The Indian Institute of Forest Management is a sectoral management institute, which constantly endeavors to evolve knowledge useful for the managers in the area of Forest, Environment and Natural Resources Management and allied sectors. It disseminates such knowledge in ways that promote its application by individuals and organizations.
IIFM has been established with the following objectives :
- Provide training in management and related subjects for persons from the Indian Forest Service, Forest Departments, Forest Development Corporation and Forest-related industries with a view to equip them to practice the art and profession of management of forestry development.
- Select and prepare outstanding and talented young persons for careers leading to management responsibility in forestry and the forest-related system.
- Meet the need of Indian forestry and forest-related industry and commerce in respect of upto-date information on forestry management through research, consulting and publication.
- Assist, institute and carry out research in matters concerning the use of management and allied techniques and methods conducive to the development of forestry in the country.
- Institute awards, scholarships, fellowships, prizes and medals in accordance with the rules and bye-laws.
Post Graduate Diploma In Forestry Management (PGDFM)
Admission to the fully residential two year PGDFM is open to graduates from any discipline provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and qualifies through the selection process.
For more details visit here