Image Source: Dainik Bhaskar (15-March-2023)
Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support 2023
Considering the overwhelming response for the fixed grant scheme MATRICS, devised for active researchers pursuing Mathematical Sciences and the demand from researchers belonging to other Theoretical Sciences, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has decided to extend the fixed grant scheme to other Theoretical Sciences including Quantitative Social Sciences.
To provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences. The main attribute of this scheme would be submission of a simple 1-2 page mathematical/theoretical proposal. The funding provided would cater to the specific needs of Mathematical/Theoretical Sciences research.
Nature of Support:
Research grant of Rs. 2 lakh p.a. for a period of three years.
Mode of Application and Selection
- The Call for proposals will be notified through the official website. The proposal should be submitted online only.
- The proposal should be submitted online only at www.serbonline.in. The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee and the criteria of consideration would be (1) credentials of PI (2) publications record and (3) mathematical/theoretical content of the proposal.
- The applicant should be an active researcher in the field of (i) Mathematical Sciences and allied areas; (ii) Science and Engineering (excluding mathematical sciences) or (iii) Social Sciences involving quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical and computational techniques.
- The applicant should hold a Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree and must be working on regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions.
The applicant should have completed Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree at least five years prior to the submission of proposal, in order to have gained individual experience.
- The applicant should have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.
Last Date To Apply Online:
Eligible Researchers can submit the proposals till Mar 28 2023 05:00 PM.
Click here to more details
Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support | Serb Online | Eligibility | Objectives | Last Date To Apply Online | Mode of Application And Selection | How Can You Apply | Nature of Support